IMPORTANT CONTRAINDICATIONS TO GAME READY USAGE
Important: Read wrap user manual for wrap specific contraindications and warnings.
Compression Therapy using the Game Ready System or any compression therapy device should not be used in patients:
- Who are in the acute stages of inflammatory phlebitis in the affected region.
- Who have any current clinical signs suggestive of deep vein thrombosis in the affected region.
- Who have significant arteriosclerosis or other vascular ischemic disease in the affected region.
- Who have any significant risk factors or current clinical signs of embolism (e.g., pulmonary embolus, cerebral infarction, atrial fibrillation, endocarditis, myocardial infarction, or atheromatous embolic plaque).
- Who have a condition in which increased venous or lymphatic return is not desired in the affected extremity (e.g., carcinoma).
- Who have decompensated hypertonia in the affected region.
Cryotherapy using the Game Ready System or any cryotherapy device should not be used in patients:
- Who have significant vascular impairment in the affected region (e.g., from prior frostbite, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, or ischemia).
- Who have known hematological dyscrasias which affect thrombosis (e.g., paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, cryoglobulinemia, sickle-cell disease, serum cold agglutinins).